Thursday 13 November 2008

An afternoon in the Botanic Garden

It was pretty sunny this afternoon, and the shadow of the Botanic Garden was quite tempting.

The Garden is right opposite the Opera House. Each time I pass in front of this monument, I cannot help from taking pictures of it. Everybody does, and about 80% of all the postcards that you can find in Sydney feature the Opera House. How boring! So, I am not being original at all. But it is really beautiful, and it always changes according to the light...







I liked the sign at the entrance of the Garden.

"Please walk on the grass... You are also welcome to smell the roses, hug the trees, talk to the birds..." Talk to the birds!!?! I felt so happy! You feel really welcome in here!


This is a beautiful park, right in the centre of the city.
On one side, the skyscrapers...


... on the other side, the Opera House and Harbour Bridge...


The park is a real collection of amazing trees and colours.






It is also the memory of the city.


It's a paradise for ferns...


and for bamboos



for cactus...



And looking up into the trees, I saw "THEM".

They were everywhere!


On every single branch...


They were a bit scary, much bigger than the ones I've seen in Europe. And they were making so much noise! This was a real bat colony...
Watch this one's fingers!




I decided to follow it and see where it was going to... This was the end of my little visit to the Botanic Garden.

No comments: