Thursday 27 November 2008

A short visit to Devonport

I left the hostel early this morning and took a ferry to Devonport. Devonport is another suburb of Auckland, almost completely surrounded by water.
Walking there is a good way to be aware of the volcanic origins of the city.
Walking up Mount Victoria, I met this strange funny man.


The view was fantastic up there.
On one side, the city centre....


On the other side, the Hauraki Gulf Islands...


and Rangitoto Island.


After a good breakfast on the top, I went down to wander around the streets. This very colourful bird was quite shy and wouldn't let me approach him.


I went on till the peaceful Cheltenham Beach. It was still early and a bit cold for a swim...


But just enjoying the view was fantastic.


Then I had to catch my bus to Rotorua...


Bye-bye Auckland! I had 4 hours to enjoy the beautiful hilly landscape.




And there I was in Rotorua, ready for new exciting adventures!

No comments: